While there are probably very few businesses that wouldn’t benefit from having a website in today’s increasingly online world, for interior designers having a website is non-negotiable. If you are just launching your interior design business, or if you’ve been in the game for decades, creating a website is critical to your ongoing success. Even if you’ve done great without one, times are changing and, if you want to continue finding new clients, you’ll have to make sure they not only can find you, but that they can get to know you too.
Nine reasons I believe interior designers need to create a website immediately
- Showcase your work. In the world of interior design, images speak volumes. In fact, one image could be all you need in order to land a client. A website is a powerful way to put your best work front and center, making it easy for anyone to view and appreciate.
- Make it easy for your work to be shared. A website not only showcases your portfolio of work, but it allows people to share it, whether via design platforms, popular apps, or even just emailing or texting a friend. This reason alone should be enough to compel you to create a website because it empowers others to do your marketing for you.
- Develop a relationship with potential clients. Your website is a great opportunity for you to allow potential clients to get to know you and your work. Many times, it takes a client several interactions before they decide you’re the right designer for them. Your website affords you more and more opportunities so that you can close the deal.
- Create valuable content to position yourself as an authority. Through your website’s blog, as well as the potential for newsletters, PDF downloads, etc., you’re able to share your expertise with anyone who lands on your pages. This type of content not only helps you get found online, but it deepens the relationship you’re building with future clients, too.
- Give options for getting in touch with you. A website allows you to give plenty of options for people wanting to talk or ask questions. While you can (and should) still feature a phone number, you can also provide easy to fill out email forms (or even online customer service chat apps) to make it more convenient. You’ll be amazed how many more clients get in touch with you when you give them options!
- Take control of your brand’s image. If you don’t have a website online as an interior designer, you have no control over what shows up when someone searches your name or your business. The best way to make sure people are finding what you want them to find is to create a website.
- Easily offer free services and information. Your website is an amazing way to generate new leads. Even if someone isn’t interested in working with you just yet, you can utilize your website by providing something free (like a downloadable guide to styling homes) in exchange for an email. Creating an email list that you can stay in touch with can keep your business healthy for years to come.
- Do less work to get more clients. There are a lot of clever ways to automate elements of your website, which means you can start getting clients without having to hustle every single day. A lot of the systems utilized on websites only require you to do something once, such as recording an informative video or webinar, rather than having to say the same thing every day to potential clients who call asking questions.
- Attract the right clients. When you design a website for your interior design brand, you’re given so many opportunities to infuse it with your style and personality. When your website conveys who you ARE as a designer, then you’ll find that the right clients come to you – and fewer of the ones who aren’t a good fit.
While it’s great to have a professional help you design your website, I know it can sometimes be pricey which, if you’re just starting out, can be something that is just out of your reach. But that doesn’t mean you should go months (or years) without one. There are so many great, easy to use templates that will allow you to get started building your online presence. And, if you’re wanting to really compete in interior design, that’s something you have to have.
Growing a Business and need a boost? Sign up for a discounted one time business booster call. http://www.businesscoachnancy.com/consult
Have you joined my private Facebook group Actionable Entrepreneurs? If not, what are you waiting for! 🙂 I go LIVE every single day and share valuable business building tips, tricks, and inspiration.